So here I am. I once lived in China for a few months and I could never understand culture shock until I had lived there over a month, then it started to sink in, and I understood. Just two days ago I was ranting about moving equipment, having no personal space, being totally frustrated at work, constantly moving and being in another state, but truly feeling appreciated and making a difference in the world, to being home, where nothing has changed except my wonderful grandmother is dying slowly in her bed.
She had a wonderful life and has been one of the greatest inspirations for mine. I have never known a world without Nana. I came home to be with her and my family. And I have strange mixed emotions about being home, it is like culture shock. I went from having worldly concerns, a life on the road, without family and friend drama, without household chores and responsibilities to this...
I was growing, and learning, and being a part of something larger then myself, to coming home, and just being myself, in the small parameter that is me when I am home.
But about Nana, she was so peaceful, gentle, loving, kind spirited, and open minded. She loved her husband, her family, the world, and Jesus. I always said that every one should at least once make a pilgrimage in their lifetime to meet Nana. Maybe it was because of her way of always making you feel special and loved, maybe it was her words of wisdom, and her pleasant conversations, maybe it was her expectations about the pure and goodness that was in each of us that we wanted to live up too that made being with Nana so great, or maybe it was just her ability to laugh and have a good time, to keep our whole family together at holidays and often just because, or maybe it was her love of the world and her desire to act that inspired me and others to be whatever it is the world needed most. There will never be enough words to describe the love that Nana gave to each of us unconditionally that I wish to express.
All I can say is thank you, I will always hold your love in my heart, I will miss you and think of you often, and most importantly, I love you too too much and to the google power.
She had a wonderful life and has been one of the greatest inspirations for mine. I have never known a world without Nana. I came home to be with her and my family. And I have strange mixed emotions about being home, it is like culture shock. I went from having worldly concerns, a life on the road, without family and friend drama, without household chores and responsibilities to this...
I was growing, and learning, and being a part of something larger then myself, to coming home, and just being myself, in the small parameter that is me when I am home.
But about Nana, she was so peaceful, gentle, loving, kind spirited, and open minded. She loved her husband, her family, the world, and Jesus. I always said that every one should at least once make a pilgrimage in their lifetime to meet Nana. Maybe it was because of her way of always making you feel special and loved, maybe it was her words of wisdom, and her pleasant conversations, maybe it was her expectations about the pure and goodness that was in each of us that we wanted to live up too that made being with Nana so great, or maybe it was just her ability to laugh and have a good time, to keep our whole family together at holidays and often just because, or maybe it was her love of the world and her desire to act that inspired me and others to be whatever it is the world needed most. There will never be enough words to describe the love that Nana gave to each of us unconditionally that I wish to express.
All I can say is thank you, I will always hold your love in my heart, I will miss you and think of you often, and most importantly, I love you too too much and to the google power.

1 Comments:
I`m honored that I was able to meet Nana. After meeting her, she too inspired me to change the world. I loved her tenacity and deligence in following through with her convictions. She was a loving role model to me and I too will miss her.
Post a Comment
<< Home