Monday, July 03, 2006

I think I learned something tonight. Working under extreme conditions (with equipment I don't know, under pressure, with an uptight/nervous boss, in a public setting, and with layers and layers of resentment towards him and myself, if I want to be honest), I've learned two things, which is cool because sometimes I don't even remember to look back on the day to see if I had learned anything new at all.

One: Tonight was a lesson in giving. God may not have gifted me with understanding of electronics, but he did gift me with understanding, and if dealing with equipment is what I need to do, then I'll learn to be good at it, then great at it. Who knows, I may want to know how to do this some day.

Two: Tonight was a lesson in thankfulness...for headphones. I don't know if you can imagine what it is like to ride in a vehicle with three senior citizens who like to listen to themselves talk- and get way too worked up about stupidly ridicules things, I mean for men that are so concerned about saving our country from total chaos, they can get way too worked up over when to pull over andget something to eat. thank you headphones, thank you for being here for me when I need my own space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home